1136: Cistercian abbey of Acey is founded by Cherlieu.
1854 Re-established after the French Revolution by Benedictines of Solemnes. Great difficulties arose.
1860 First attempt at a Cistercian restoration, which lasted only 2 years.
1869 Second attempt to re-establish a community by Dombes, but the Franco-Prussion War thwarted the attempt.
1873 Third and final attempt to re-establish the monastery, by Aiguebelle.
The community endured great hardship for many years, but finally found the means to restore the buildings. It was decided to send the novices to Aiguebelle to receive their formation.
1937 A Large group of young religious led by Fr. Eugene Court, prior of Aiguebelle, arrived to reinforce the elderly community.
1938 The General Chapter raised the monastery to the rank of abbey. Fr. Eugene Court was elected abbey and blessed on 18 October.
Work and Sources of Income
Electroplating factory (gold, silver, copper, nickel, tin)