In September 1875 Sister Marie Teresia Astoin (Oblate of Vaise) took up residence in Italy at San Vito, close to Turin, at the Raby Villa which she had acquired at her own expense. Between 1875 and 1876 one French novice from Vaise and four Italians postulants joined her. In October 1876 nine French nuns came from Vaise to join the little community: five choir sisters and four lay sisters. On 26 October 1876 Rev.M. MarieTeresia Astoin was elected as the first prioress, after having made her monastic profession on 25 October.
In 1898 (23 years later) the superiors of our order judged it opportune to transfer the community from S. Vito to Grottaferrata, where the community of the Catacombs (now Frattocchie) generously offered their retirement house to the young community, who could only bless Divine Providence for this opportunity.
1954 Purchase of a property at Vitorchiano, near Viterbo, with a view to transfering the community.
1957 The monastery is finished, and the community moves there at the beginning of June.
1960 Solemn vows.
Valserena (1968), Hinojo (1973), Quilvo (1981), Humocaro (1984), Gedono (1987), Matútum (1995), Naší Paní (2007)
Work and Sources of Income
Pictures, jams, fields and gardens