1945: The abbot of Roscrea visited Scotland to look for a place in which to revive monastic life in this country, and chose the old manor of Nunraw
1946: Negotiations proceeded rapidly. 7 founders from Roscrea took possession of the manor on 7 February and celebrated the first Mass. A little later, a second group arrived, which brought the number of monks to 26. The community lived in the manor house and in temporary shelters. The permanent monastery was being built a short distance away.
1952: Construction of the monastery buildings begins. The cornerstone of the church was laid on 22 August 1954.
1962, 31 October: the community moves into the monastery.
Michael SHERRY — Superior — 02/02/1946 – 21/09/1947
Columban MULCAHY — Abbot — 30/11/1947 – 30/11/1969
Donald McGLYNN — Abbot — 16/12/1969 – 30/05/2003
Raymond JACONELLI – Abbot — 30/05/2003 – 30/05/2009