The funds needed to make the foundation were provided by Mrs. Pauls, mother of a Jesuit missionary in Kikwit who died at the mission.
1957: The abbot went to the site, preceded by 2 monks, to choose the location for the monastery. The General Chapter of 1957 gave its approval.
1958: The founders left Achel on 6 January under the leadership of Fr. Lambert. Monastic life began on 2 February. There were six founders, including 4 choir monks and 2 laybrothers.
1964: During the revolutionary troubles, the community was forced to evacuate Kasanza and take refuge in Leopoldville, then in Kikombo in 1965.
1966: On 14 Sept. the community returned to Kasanza, but found the monastery pillaged and partly destroyed.
1984: The community changed its name to O. L. of Emmanuel.
Travail et Sources de Revenus
Livestock, dispensary, garage, nutrition centre, chickens (500), mill, carpentry shop, garden.